Sunday, June 7, 2009

Seven Falls







So slowly but surely we are getting to do all the touristy stuff that Colorado has to offer.  I love seeing all of this but it also gives me a better idea of what to show our families when they come to visit, which both will be doing!  Yay for grandparents and time for myself!  lol, just kidding!  Well not entirely.  School has consumed my every minute that the kids haven't, which isn't many.  So needless to say, I have been busy.  We went to Seven Falls this weekend and it's an awesome awesome waterfall right inside the mountains, very near our house!  Who knew?  You can take an elevator up to Eagle's Nest to see the waterfall from higher than ground level or you can walk up the 200 some-odd steps to the top yourself.  We did both.  I was very proud of Emma, she walked all the way up and down without being carried!  Woo-hoo!  I think it's like 244 steps one way?  I could google it right now, but the time is not on my side!  I think the pictures really don't do it justice because you can't hear the water and feel it spraying on you!  I also took a picture of Pike's Peak just to show everyone the lovely weather we have here, it's June and there is snow still on the top.  Someone told me it stays year round, we'll see!

No comments: