Saturday, November 29, 2008

What a weekend! LOTS OF PICTURES...

























































































































As I told you, we were in Seoul this weekend right after Thanksgiving. We left early on Friday to do a little shopping at Yongsan and to hit up Itaewon. I just had to have some more fake designer scarves and some fake Uggs. Hey you can't beat 20 bucks for a pair of warm boots to just need to throw on! And they weren't even 20 bucks with the exchange rate these dates! Dave hates them, but I don't care! Emma and I will rock our cheap sheepskin boots. After lunch we headed to our hotel. Did I mention we got to stay at Lotte World's hotel?? It was so much nicer than the Ritz! They even brought us a mini full size crib for little man and Emma had her own bed! Anyway, we did some exploring around the Lotte Center. I say center because this place is massive. It has a hotel, ice rink, department store, discount store(Korean walmart), mall, theater, and the amusement park!! We made it down to the ice rink, but no one wanted to brave taking our precious Emma out on the ice with crazy Koreans skating aimlessly into people, kind of like how driving goes around here. We mainly just explored the place, had some snacks and waited for Dave's friend Aaron to come meet us for dinner. We ate at the Sizzler. Yes the same branch that is in the states, but very different. The hostess placed us in the very back or the "family section" where kids were crawling all over the floor, running around, just plain craziness going on in there. It was a fun experience though. We finally made it back to our room and crashed. We got up early(thanks Mason) and headed to Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast and then onto the park. This place was so neat! It was all dressed up for the holidays, just something a little odd...Happy Christmas, no Merry Christmas? We found out it says that because of the way the words are translated from English to Hangul. Either way, it was very Christmasy and made the whole visit that much more special. Emma couldn't ride a lot of things but really enjoyed just looking at stuff and talking to the characters and her Korean paparazzi. Yes, they were out in full force. My poor children are going to wonder why people don't dote on their every need in the states! Oh well. Ok, this is getting way long...and no pics up yet. Short story, it was really cold out today so we mainly stayed on the inside part, yes it has indoor and outdoor. I am going to upload a video of the Christmas parade, forewarn it's almost 10 min long! I had to get it all though because it was CRAZY! If you have any questions about the pics, just comment and I will answer them...there are so many crazy things in the pictures I can only imagine the questions an outsider would ask! Hope you guys enjoy, I know we did! Two crashed out kids to show proof!


P.S. #1 Yes Emma got her bangs chopped off by a Korean hairdresser, it's not what I asked for...I would have remembered saying "Can you please give my beautiful daughter a mullet?"
#2 In the first pic, Mason looks like he is falling out, but I assure you he loves to sleep with his head thrown back like that, ask my BFFs and Dave. I always freak out that his neck is going to break...ok, that's it.

No comments: